Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by John Roesler <vv...@apache.org> on 2020/07/04 17:16:53 UTC

Re: [VOTE] KIP-418: A method-chaining way to branch KStream

Hi Ivan,

Congratulations! It looks like you have 3 binding and 2 non-binding votes, so you can announce this KIP as accepted and follow up with a PR.

Thanks,
John

Posted by Ivan Ponomarev <ip...@mail.ru.INVALID>.
Hello everyone,

this is to warn that actual implementation of KIP-418 differs with the
approved specification in two points:

1. Instead of multiple overloaded variants of Branched.with we now have
Branched.withFunction (for functions) and Branched.withConsumer (for
consumers). This is because of compiler warnings about overloading:
Function and Consumer are indistinguishable for Java compiler when
supplied as lambdas, and thus we need to name methods differently.

2. 'Fully covariant' signatures like Consumer<? super KStream<? super K,
? super V>> don't work as expected. Using Consumer<? super KStream<K,
V>> etc. instead

I have updated the KIP.

Does anyone want to object these changes?

Regards,

Ivan

Posted by "Matthias J. Sax" <mj...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ivan Ponomarev <ip...@mail.ru.INVALID>.