Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Karthikeyani K <ka...@yahoo.com> on 2004/07/29 20:40:18 UTC

Username and password encoding

Hi,
We are using NTCredentials class from httpClient (commons-httpclient-2.0.jar) for NTLM Authentication. Just wanted to know whether the username and password passed to the constructor of NTCredentials be encoded by using Base64 encoding. or should it be passed as a normal username and password without encoding.

Thanks,

Karthi

Re: Username and password encoding

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.
Hello Karthi,

There is no need to encode the username and password.  It gets handled
as part of the NTLM authentication process.

Mike