Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Stepan Koltsov <yo...@mx1.ru> on 2004/06/29 08:58:16 UTC

howto add jar to classpath

Hi, all,

I need some help. How can I add some jars, not stored in maven
repository to build classpath? I have to do something like
<maven:addPath/> somewhere in <preGoal name="java:compile"/> right?
Maybe there is easier or more proper way?

S.

Re: howto add jar to classpath

Posted by Milos Kleint <Mi...@Sun.COM>.
Stepan Koltsov wrote:

>Hi, all,
>
>I need some help. How can I add some jars, not stored in maven
>repository to build classpath? I have to do something like
><maven:addPath/> somewhere in <preGoal name="java:compile"/> right?
>Maybe there is easier or more proper way?
>
>S.

maybe define the jar as dependency..
and the write the properties
maven.jar.override=true
maven.jar.<artifactname>=<path-to-your-artifact>

int the build.properties or project.properties file..

see:
http://maven.apache.org/reference/user-guide.html#Overriding_Stated_Dependencies

Milos Kleint