Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Tom Running <ru...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/18 19:32:48 UTC

Ofbiz search engine

Can Ofbiz be use for the following requirement?
How can I go about achieving this with Ofbiz?

I have a folder with Microsoft Word and pdf document format.
Can I leveraging Ofbiz to search the contents of these documents, find it
then allow to view it?

Search and find key words that exist or matched for each document then map
that to that document for view.

FYI,  I posted this question before but some how I can not find it.  So, I
repost it again.

Thanks,
-T

Re: Ofbiz search engine

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
For Solr, so far there is only https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-5042
It's still a WIP though it works if you take care of the conflict with Lucene as explained there
The security issue should not be a problem, though we have to care/check about the Solr admin application.

Jacques

Re: Ofbiz search engine

Posted by Tom Running <ru...@gmail.com>.
Martin,

Re: Ofbiz search engine

Posted by Tom Running <ru...@gmail.com>.
Martin,

Re: Ofbiz search engine

Posted by Martin Becker <ma...@ecomify.de>.
Hi Tom,

Re: Ofbiz search engine

Posted by Tom Running <ru...@gmail.com>.
Taher and Jacques,

Re: Ofbiz search engine

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Tom,

Taher is right, this should also help you
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/2802000/how-do-i-index-documents-in-solr

Jacques

Re: Ofbiz search engine