Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org> on 2014/09/30 03:03:57 UTC

The 3rd hbase 0.94.24 release candidate is available for download

The 3rd (and hopefully last) 0.94.24 RC is available for download at http://people.apache.org/~larsh/hbase-0.94.24-rc2/
Signed with my code signing key: C7CFE328

HBase 0.94.24 is a bug fix release with 13 fixes:
    [HBASE-11923] - Potential race condition in RecoverableZookeeper.checkZk()
    [HBASE-11963] - Synchronize peer cluster replication connection attempts
    [HBASE-12023] - HRegion.applyFamilyMapToMemstore creates too many iterator objects.
    [HBASE-12077] - FilterLists create many ArrayList$Itr objects per row.
    [HBASE-11405] - Multiple invocations of hbck in parallel disables balancer permanently
    [HBASE-11957] - Backport to 0.94 HBASE-5974 Scanner retry behavior with RPC timeout on next() seems incorrect
    [HBASE-12019] - hbase-daemon.sh overwrite HBASE_ROOT_LOGGER and HBASE_SECURITY_LOGGER variables
    [HBASE-12020] - String formatting on each RPC Invoke
    [HBASE-12022] - Payloads on Failure attempt to serialize the byte[] into strings.
    [HBASE-12114] - Meta table cache hashing may access the wrong table
    [HBASE-12090] - Bytes: more Unsafe, more Faster
    [HBASE-12103] - Backport HFileV1Detector to 0.94
    [HBASE-12113] - Backport to 0.94: HBASE-5525 Truncate and preserve region boundaries option

The list of changes is also available here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310753&version=12327569

Here's the test run for this RC: https://builds.apache.org/job/HBase-0.94.24/43/

Please try out the RC, check out the doc, take it for a spin, etc, and vote +1/-1 by EOD October 3rd on whether we should release this as 0.94.24.

Thanks.

-- Lars

Re: The 3rd hbase 0.94.24 release candidate is available for download

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
+
​1

​- Checked md5sum
​
-
​C
hecked signature
-
​Unpacked tarball, contents look good
​- Compiled new binaries, ran RAT*, no issues there​

-
​Launched single process cluster in tree and ran a brief LoadTestTool
ingest, nothing unexpected in logs​, reported op latencies in line with
what you'd expect

​*: This fails with 452 unapproved licences but they are all generated
files​ in docs/ and hbase-webapps/

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

Re: The 3rd hbase 0.94.24 release candidate is available for download

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
+1 for the performances too. Very similar between the 2 versions. Did not
get the chance to test with smaller values since this option is not there
in 0.94 branch. Will try that later this week.

Posted by lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>.
Probably. I think it's more important to the default settings, though, in order to make sure that we haven't regressed.
There's nothing in this release that would suggest a negative impact, so we should be good.

________________________________
Posted by Vladimir Rodionov <vl...@gmail.com>.
> Should that show the difference between the
2?

Can you check sequential scan as well? Make sure data is in the block cache.

-Vladimir Rodionov

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 10:28 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.

Posted by Vladimir Rodionov <vl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.
Hi Lars,