Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/07 12:43:17 UTC

Welcome to Adrian Trenaman, our newest committer!

Welcome on board Ade!

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: Welcome to Adrian Trenaman, our newest committer!

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Oct 8, 2010 at 16:36, James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Welcome Adrian!
>
> On 8 October 2010 10:34, Adrian Trenaman <tr...@progress.com> wrote:
> >  Thanks all!
> >
> > Am really thrilled to be on board - am also itching to get committing,
> > particularly around the deployment and usability aspects of Karaf. I've
> been
> > a user for so long - back since Karaf was just a baby ServiceMix Kernel -
> > it's great to get an opportunity to contribute at a higher level. Hoping
> > commit some nice code over the next few weeks around the Karaf Archive
> > tooling.
> >
> > On that note, what do 'we' as a group prefer...
> >
> > + Lots of regular commits, or small numbers of large commits? (Methinks
> the
> > former!)
>
> Smaller commits are easier to grok
>

> > + Git or SVN? (have been an svn user for some time *blush* but am getting
> > all excited about git)
>
> You can use either svn or git-svn to work at apache; so you can do all
> your work in git if you want - but for the moment, svn is the master
> record of all SCMs at apache. Lots of heated debates tend to happen if
> you start asking for git around Apache :)

Yeah, you need to use svn as the main repository, but that does not exclude
the use of git-svn.  I've been using that since a long time now, and was
working on private local branches (or even public branches) for experiments.
 There's no problem in doing so I think.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Welcome Adrian!

Posted by Adrian Trenaman <tr...@progress.com>.
  Thanks all!

Am really thrilled to be on board - am also itching to get committing,
particularly around the deployment and usability aspects of Karaf. I've
been a user for so long - back since Karaf was just a baby ServiceMix
Kernel - it's great to get an opportunity to contribute at a higher
level. Hoping to commit some nice code over the next few weeks around
the Karaf Archive tooling.

On that note, what do 'we' as a group prefer...

+ Lots of regular commits, or small numbers of large commits? (Methinks
the former!)
+ Git or SVN? (have been an svn user for some time *blush* but am
getting all excited about git)

Cheers to all,
Ade.

Posted by Ioannis Canellos <io...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations Adrian,

--
*Ioannis Canellos*
http://iocanel.blogspot.com

Integration Engineer @ Upstream S.A. <http://www.upstreamsystems.com>

Re: Welcome to Adrian Trenaman, our newest committer!

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.