Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ravi Hegde <su...@yahoo.com> on 2005/01/07 11:04:24 UTC

Dependencies problem

I am building EJB component using Maven. Some xdoclet
related jars have to be added as dependencies for
building the EJB project. Strictly speaking, my EJB's
don't directly depend on these xdoclet jars - they are
needed just for code generation and nothing else.
Therefore, my strong feeling is that it is not a good
idea to add such jars as dependencies in POM. Is there
any other way to specify such dependencies ? (through
some classpath or property setting ?)

Cheers :)

Re: Dependencies problem

Posted by Nicolas Chalumeau <ni...@gmail.com>.
It is the role of the ejb.bundle property in the pom :

   <dependency>
      <id>jarid</id>
      <version>jarversion</version>
      <properties>