Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Karthik N S <ka...@controlnet.co.in> on 2004/07/06 07:08:54 UTC

Latest StopAnalyzer.java

Hi Guy's

APologies...

Can SomeBody Tell me Where Can I find Latest copy of   "StopAnalyzer.java"
which can be used with Lucene1_4-final,
On Lucene-Sandbox I am not able to Find it.

[ My Company Prohibits me from using CVS ]

So URL would be great.

      WITH WARM REGARDS
      HAVE A NICE DAY
      [ N.S.KARTHIK]

Re: Latest StopAnalyzer.java

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
On Jul 6, 2004, at 1:08 AM, Karthik N S wrote:
> Can SomeBody Tell me Where Can I find Latest copy of
> "StopAnalyzer.java"
> which can be used with Lucene1_4-final,
> On Lucene-Sandbox I am not able to Find it.
>
> [ My Company Prohibits me from using CVS ]

<http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/jakarta-lucene/src/java/org/apache/
lucene/analysis/StopAnalyzer.java?rev=1.6&view=auto>

All of Jakarta's CVS can be browsed this way.

	Erik

Re: Distributed indexing

Posted by Byron Miller <by...@gmail.com>.
You can check out the nutch project to see how the distributed search
is implemented and a tool that can merge segments as well.

-byron

Re: Distributed indexing

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
Hello,

--- Chandan Tamrakar <ch...@ccnep.com.np> wrote:

> Dear all,
>   I have been using lucene index for a while , currently i have
> "indexes" on
> a single machine  . But the volume of files are increasing and i want
> seperate
>   indexes on differnt machines accoding to categories  , Does lucene
> support
> distributed indexing ? I am  confused what will be   the best
> approach ?

Not out of the box.  To distribute your indexing process over multiple
networked computers, you will have to write your own application that
does this.  If you eventually want to merge all indices into one big
index, you will need to use IndexWriter's addIndexes(Directory[])
method.

Otis

Distributed indexing

Posted by Chandan Tamrakar <ch...@ccnep.com.np>.
Dear all,
  I have been using lucene index for a while , currently i have "indexes" on
a single machine  . But the volume of files are increasing and i want to
seperate
  indexes on differnt machines accoding to categories  , Does lucene support
distributed indexing ? I am  confused what will be   the best approach ?

thanks in advance

RE: Search & Hit Score

Posted by Karthik N S <ka...@controlnet.co.in>.
Hey Ype

 Apologies .....

 I would be more intrested in Boost/Weight factor in terms of  Query rather
then Fields.

 Please explain with example src.....

With regards
Karthik

Posted by Ype Kingma <yk...@xs4all.nl>.

Re: Search & Hit Score

Posted by Ype Kingma <yk...@xs4all.nl>.
Karthik,

On Wednesday 07 July 2004 06:01, Karthik N S wrote:
> Hi
> Dev Guys
>
> Apologies.....
>
> I have 3 Questions for u.
>
> 1)
>   I have a situation in here where I am suppose to group  unique indexerd
> Documents
>   depending upon the number of  hit's per document.
>
>   To Breifly Explain this
>
>   All documet with "n"  hits  for a Search word would be grouped under
> "Catagory A"
>
>  and all document with  hits "n+1"  for the same Search Word should be
> grouped under  "Catagory B".
>
>  Can Lucene provide some means internally to handle this situation.

For a single term query, one can iterate through
IndexReader.termDocs(Term) and store the document numbers by
TermDocs.docFreq().

> 2) What is this weight /Boost factor  avaliable for the hits  ,and how to
> use this Effectively.

Could you be a bit more precise? Lucene has weights for fields
and for queries (called boost) and in Hits the documents have a score.

> 3) Is there any thing in Lucene Core which reveles the version numbering of
> current used jar files

The name of the jar file, but no API that I know of. You might invoke java
with -Dsomeproperty=lucenexxxxxxxxx.jar, and use that java system property.

Kind regards,
Ype

RE: Search & Hit Score

Posted by Karthik N S <ka...@controlnet.co.in>.
Hey

 Dev Guys

 Apologies........

  Can some body  Explain me How to Retrieve  All hits  avaliable per indexed
document.

   To explain in Detail

   A Physical Search on Single document would list 3 places  for a certain
word occurance,

   So if  i am suppose to retrieve all the 3 Occurances from the same Field
using Lucene ...

   How to handle the query .. ... Explain with a simple SRC Example

 with regards
  Karthik

Search & Hit Score

Posted by Karthik N S <ka...@controlnet.co.in>.
Hi
Dev Guys

Apologies.....

I have 3 Questions for u.

1)
  I have a situation in here where I am suppose to group  unique indexerd
Documents
  depending upon the number of  hit's per document.

  To Breifly Explain this

  All documet with "n"  hits  for a Search word would be grouped under
"Catagory A"

 and all document with  hits "n+1"  for the same Search Word should be
grouped under  "Catagory B".

 Can Lucene provide some means internally to handle this situation.

2) What is this weight /Boost factor  avaliable for the hits  ,and how to
use this Effectively.

3) Is there any thing in Lucene Core which reveles the version numbering of
current used jar files

       something like on command prompt  "Java -version"  displaying the
version.

with regards
Karthik

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

Posted by Morus Walter <mo...@tanto.de>.
Karthik N S writes:

> Can SomeBody Tell me Where Can I find Latest copy of   "StopAnalyzer.java"
> which can be used with Lucene1_4-final,
> On Lucene-Sandbox I am not able to Find it.
>
> [ My Company Prohibits me from using CVS ]

There is no lucene 1.4 final but org.apache.lucene.analysis.StopAnalyzer
is part of the lucene core.

Morus