Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org> on 2009/12/30 18:25:11 UTC

CouchDB speakers

CouchDB devs and users,

It's almost conference season again, and there will be unprecedented
demand for CouchDB speakers. I think it'd really help the project to
have people talking about CouchDB at all the local conferences and
user group meetups.

If you've never talked at a conference before, it's really rewarding,
and easy to do. If you're looking for inspiration, there are a lot of
slide decks here:

http://www.slideshare.net/search/slideshow?q=couchdb

If you are looking for someone to talk at a conference, or if you see
conferences that could use speakers, these lists are a great place to
connect people. So if you'd like to talk, or looking for speakers,

Chris

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net

Re: CouchDB speakers

Posted by Nathan Stott <nr...@gmail.com>.
I spoke about couchdb at a user meetup in Toledo and would be happy to speak
about it anywhere in the southern US.

Re: CouchDB speakers

Posted by Luca Greco <lu...@alcacoop.it>.

Re: CouchDB speakers

Posted by Dirkjan Ochtman <dj...@gmail.com>.

Re: CouchDB speakers

Posted by Christopher Brown <cb...@opscode.com>.

Re: CouchDB speakers

Posted by Matteo Caprari <ma...@gmail.com>.
I could do some evangelism in or around London.

cheers

--
:Matteo Caprari
matteo.caprari@gmail.com

Re: CouchDB speakers

Posted by Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 9:25 AM, Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org> wrote:
> CouchDB devs and users,
>
> It's almost conference season again, and there will be unprecedented
> demand for CouchDB speakers. I think it'd really help the project to
> have people talking about CouchDB at all the local conferences and
> user group meetups.
>
> If you've never talked at a conference before, it's really rewarding,
> and easy to do. If you're looking for inspiration, there are a lot of
> slide decks here:
>
> http://www.slideshare.net/search/slideshow?q=couchdb
>
> If you are looking for someone to talk at a conference, or if you see
> conferences that could use speakers, these lists are a great place to
> connect people. So if you'd like to talk, or looking for speakers,
>
> Chris

I've been following this NoSQL mailing list:
http://groups.google.com/group/nosql-discussion

Say what you will about the moniker, it's gonna be filling conference
seats this summer, and those people deserve to hear about CouchDB.

So if you're interested in CouchDB / NoSQL meetups and conferences,
this group is solid.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net

Re: CouchDB speakers

Posted by Alex P <ap...@kolosy.com>.
i'm always happy to talk, especially to the .net community.

Re: CouchDB speakers

Posted by Dirkjan Ochtman <dj...@gmail.com>.

Re: FOSDEM (Was: CouchDB speakers)

Posted by berry groenendijk <be...@gmail.com>.
I'll be going to FOSDEM too. If we can have some CouchDB meeting at FOSDEM
that would be great. Count me in!

Berry Groenendijk
[w] http://www.caerleon.nl

Posted by berry groenendijk <be...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 1:32 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 4:27 PM, Dirk-Willem van Gulik
> <Di...@bbc.co.uk> wrote:
>> Speaking of this - who is planning to go to fosdem (www.fosdem.org; brussels, in a months time) ?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Dw.
>>

>> http://www.bbc.co.uk/
>> This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of the BBC unless specifically stated.
>> If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system.
>> Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it and notify the sender immediately.
>> Please note that the BBC monitors e-mails sent or received.
>> Further communication will signify your consent to this.
>>

> I will be at FOSDEM too. I've give a track on sunday. There is also a
> devroom couchapp oriented :
>
> http://www.fosdem.org/2010/schedule/events/couchdb
>
> Maybe we can meet there. CouchDB + belgium beer seems to be relaxing.
>
> - benoît

Now I wish I could be there!

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net

Re: FOSDEM (Was: CouchDB speakers)

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Manuel de la Peña <et...@gmail.com>.
I will be going but I´ve been more interested in using couchdb with
desktopcouch, nevertheless if some one wants to meet I´ll be more than happy
:)

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <Di...@BBC.co.uk>.

Re: CouchDB speakers

Posted by Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 1:18 PM, Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org> wrote:
> Another one:
>
> It'd be great to have a flood of talk proposals and case studies at OSCON:
>
> Call for participation is open for another week or so.
> http://en.oreilly.com/oscon2010
>
> The conference is July 19-23rd in Portland Oregon. Especially stories
> of personal experience with CouchDB would be appreciated by this
> audience.

Just another bump to remind people that the CFP for OSCON is closing
Feb 1st. Let's get some Couch in there.

Call for proposals for OSCON is here:

http://en.oreilly.com/oscon2010/public/cfp/92

Cheers,
Chris

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net

Re: CouchDB speakers

Posted by Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 6:43 PM, Vijay Raghunathan <vi...@meebo-inc.com> wrote:
> Meebo is definitely interested/willing to talk about how we're using
> couchdb.  We bounced around a couple ideas internally and came up with
> 3 different  topics that we thought were interesting.
>
> 1) Using couch in a clustered environment (Couchdb-lounge).  Our
> cluster has 11 boxes in it, with full redundancy.
>
> 2) We've been migrating all of our stats systems to be based on
> couchdb.  The actual visualization code is served using couchapp.
>
> 3) For one of our recent projects, we've been using couch as an
> application store to keep separate parts of the application in sync.
> Whenever something is modified, we simply update a document in couch.
> Other pieces listen to _changes and update their state as necessary.
> This is really nice for two main reasons.  All of our code is already
> asynchronous, so listening to _changes is pretty trivial to add
> support to.  Also, it means that at any piece can be restarted without
> worrying about the state, since it's all stored in couch.  It's made
> for (what we think) is a very elegant architecture.
>
> Of course, we're also more than happy to talk about our experiences
> with couch in production environments in general.

Vijay,

This sounds like a good talk proposal. The best thing to do is to
start sending it into the various CFP for conferences.

I especially like the idea of hearing more about CouchDB-Lounge in production.

Chris

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net

Re: CouchDB speakers

Posted by Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org>.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net

Re: CouchDB speakers

Posted by Vijay Raghunathan <vi...@meebo-inc.com>.

Re: CouchDB speakers

Posted by Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org>.

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net

Re: CouchDB speakers

Posted by Vijay Raghunathan <vi...@meebo-inc.com>.

Re: CouchDB speakers

Posted by Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org>.
Another one:

It'd be great to have a flood of talk proposals and case studies at OSCON:

Call for participation is open for another week or so.
http://en.oreilly.com/oscon2010

The conference is July 19-23rd in Portland Oregon. Especially stories
of personal experience with CouchDB would be appreciated by this
audience.

Chris

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 7:24 AM, Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 30 Dec 2009, at 18:25, Chris Anderson wrote:
>
>> CouchDB devs and users,
>>
>> It's almost conference season again, and there will be unprecedented
>> demand for CouchDB speakers. I think it'd really help the project to
>> have people talking about CouchDB at all the local conferences and
>> user group meetups.
>>
>> If you've never talked at a conference before, it's really rewarding,
>> and easy to do. If you're looking for inspiration, there are a lot of
>> slide decks here:
>>
>> http://www.slideshare.net/search/slideshow?q=couchdb
>
> We also have a wiki page listing talks, videos and slides, it'd be
> great if we could maintain it. http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Presentations
>
> Chris, I know you don't like the wiki, but I don't like slideshare even more.
>
> Cheers
> Jan

Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net
http://couch.io

Re: CouchDB speakers

Posted by Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org>.
Another one:

It'd be great to have a flood of talk proposals and case studies at OSCON:

Call for participation is open for another week or so.
http://en.oreilly.com/oscon2010

The conference is July 19-23rd in Portland Oregon. Especially stories
of personal experience with CouchDB would be appreciated by this
audience.

Chris

On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 7:24 AM, Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 30 Dec 2009, at 18:25, Chris Anderson wrote:
>
>> CouchDB devs and users,
>>
>> It's almost conference season again, and there will be unprecedented
>> demand for CouchDB speakers. I think it'd really help the project to
>> have people talking about CouchDB at all the local conferences and
>> user group meetups.
>>
>> If you've never talked at a conference before, it's really rewarding,
>> and easy to do. If you're looking for inspiration, there are a lot of
>> slide decks here:
>>
>> http://www.slideshare.net/search/slideshow?q=couchdb
>
> We also have a wiki page listing talks, videos and slides, it'd be
> great if we could maintain it. http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Presentations
>
> Chris, I know you don't like the wiki, but I don't like slideshare even more.
>
> Cheers
> Jan

Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net
http://couch.io

FOSDEM (Was: CouchDB speakers)

Posted by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <Di...@BBC.co.uk>.

Re: CouchDB speakers

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Re: CouchDB speakers

Posted by Matthew Woodward <ma...@mattwoodward.com>.
I'm doing an online presentation on CouchDB next month and speaking on
CouchDB at a conference in Minneapolis in April, but if there's things going
on in the Seattle area I can help with I'm happy to do so.

--
Matthew Woodward
matt@mattwoodward.com

Please do not send me proprietary file formats such as Word, PowerPoint,
etc. as attachments.

Re: CouchDB speakers

Posted by Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org>.
If anyone is in the Dallas area, this just came up via Twitter:

"I'm looking for someone to speak about object databases (CouchDB,
MongoDB, etc) at NorthDallas.NET. Reply or DM me if you're
interested."

http://twitter.com/hkarthik/status/7375311844

Chris

--
Chris Anderson
http://jchrisa.net

Re: CouchDB speakers

Posted by lenz <no...@googlemail.com>.

Re: CouchDB speakers

Posted by Chris Anderson <jc...@apache.org>.

Re: CouchDB speakers

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Re: CouchDB speakers

Posted by Hatem Ben Yacoub <ha...@gmail.com>.
Chris, someone sent a survey sometimes ago to this list. Such info about
couchdb usage will be much useful for speakers and if he's reading "we" are
waiting for these info - even privately.