Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Anson Lau <al...@fulfil-net.com> on 2004/03/18 04:07:45 UTC

results sorting code in CVS

Hi All,

I am looking through the results sorting code in CVS (Sort.java,
SortField.java, MultiFieldSortedHitQueue.java, etc).  How are the
"xxSortedHitQueue.java" classes intended to be used?

I looked at IndexSearcher.java and it uses a HitQueue.  Are there going
to be new methods or contractor added to the Searcher interface to allow
users to choose which HitQueue to use?

Thanks,

Anson

Re: results sorting code in CVS

Posted by Incze Lajos <in...@mail.matav.hu>.
On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 07:26:45PM -0800, Doug Cutting wrote:
> Incze Lajos wrote:
> >I've prepared sortkeys for some fields and designated
> >them to be unindexed, untokenized and stored. But I've
> >experienced exceptions, the sortkeys work only if their
> >field is indexed as well.
> >
> >Are there technical reasons or is this a bug?
>
> There are technical reasons.  The new sorting code requires fields to be
> indexed.  Unless I am mistaken, whether or not they are stored does not
> matter.  Typically sort fields will be untokenized.
>
> Doug

So, the field (just created to act as a sorter) should be
untokenized, not stored and indexed.

Thanks.

incze

Re: results sorting code in CVS