Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by RonVen <ro...@online.nl> on 2008/11/06 10:26:17 UTC

resolving with force is true problem

Hello,

I have a use case where module A->B->C, and I published C in the local
cache.
C is called practitionerData in real life.
However during a retrieve of module A, it does however not update C in the
cache from the
local repository.

Below are the settings file and the ant verbose output.

Can anybody explain what I'm doing wrong here?

Thanx in advance.

Ron.

My settings look like

<ivysettings>
    <settings defaultResolver="local"/>
   <caches defaultCacheDir="${user.home}/.ivy/cache" checkUpToDate="true">
   </caches>
   <resolvers>
        <chain name="local" checkmodified="true"
changingPattern=".*-SNAPSHOT.jar">
			<filesystem name="internal" force="true" checkmodified="true">
                <ivy
pattern="${user.home}/.ivy/local/[organisation]/[module]/ivy-[revision].xml"
/>
                <artifact
pattern="${user.home}/.ivy/local/[organisation]/[module]/jars/[artifact]-[revision].[ext]"
/>
            </filesystem>
            <ibiblio name="maven2" m2compatible="true"/>
		</chain>
   </resolvers>
   <modules>
    	<module organisation="*" name="*" resolver="local"/>
   </modules>
</ivysettings>

And the output of and is:

[ivy:retrieve] == resolving dependencies
com.javee#practitionerDataHibernate;SNAPSHOT->com.javee#practitionerData;SNAPSHOT
[default->default]
[ivy:retrieve] local: Checking cache for: dependency:
com.javee#practitionerData;SNAPSHOT {default=[default]}
[ivy:retrieve] local: module revision found in cache:
com.javee#practitionerData;SNAPSHOT
[ivy:retrieve] don't use cache for
com.javee#practitionerData;latest.integration: checkModified=true
[ivy:retrieve]          tried C:\Documents and
Settings\Ron/.ivy/local/com.javee/practitionerData/ivy-[revision].xml
[ivy:retrieve]  internal: found md file for
com.javee#practitionerData;latest.integration
[ivy:retrieve]          => C:\Documents and
Settings\Ron\.ivy\local\com.javee\practitionerData\ivy-SNAPSHOT.xml
(SNAPSHOT)
[ivy:retrieve]  default-cache: revision in cache (not updated):
com.javee#practitionerData;SNAPSHOT
[ivy:retrieve]  found com.javee#practitionerData;SNAPSHOT in local

[ivy:retrieve]  retrieving C:\Documents and
Settings\Ron\.ivy\cache\com.javee\practitionerData\jars\practitionerData-SNAPSHOT.jar
[ivy:retrieve]          to
C:\Java\WorkspaceJuma\PractitionerDataHibernateTest\lib\practitionerData-SNAPSHOT.jar
[NOT REQUIRED]

Re: resolving with force is true problem

Posted by Maarten Coene <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Could you please create a jira ticket for this?
And if possible attach your build.xml, ivy.xml, settings.xml, ant verbose log, ... to it.

Maarten

Posted by RonVen <ro...@online.nl>.

Posted by Maarten Coene <ma...@yahoo.com>.