Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Srepfler Srgjan <sr...@lnksystem.com> on 2005/11/20 02:06:39 UTC

Eclipse WTP changes targets for the 1.0 version

I'm reposting a peace of this conversation that I've picked up on the
eclipse.wtp newsgroup, perhaps it'll be usefull to the
maven-eclipse-plugin developers.
For the people that don't know eclipse 3.1 can't handle multiple
classpaths per project and 3.2 should address that issue. On the other
hand WTP 1.0 is targeted for 3.1 and 1.5 for 3.2
At least that's what how I've understood the issue.
So perhaps the plugin should have a small change for WTP 1.0 and let's
hope 1.5 will bring better things.

http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/downloads/drops/I-I200511162235-200511162235/

 > If nothing else, hopefully this "early" notice will allow you to
 > schedule a time
 > your whole team can move up to WTP 1.0 (which is still scheduled for
 > 12/16).
 >
 > As always, let us know if there are questions or problems ... and, as
 > always, test early, test
 > often, and open bugs as you find them.

Me:

 > Perhaps this is something that goes out of the discussion at hand but
I'd like to put it on the table none the less. If anyone follows the
development of maven 2 and the way it handles projects (for instance it
can handle a project defined in a xml file and have the three modules
(ear, war, ejbjar) beneath it's directory structure inheriting
dependencies and various other stuff).
 > How do you see this change in module handling, will it affect
positively or negatively for teams that would like their projects to be
managed by maven2?
 > For anyone that doesn't know it, maven2 has a plugin that once run
creates some eclipse artifacts and it's folder structure can then be
imported in a eclipse workspace. I have seen that they are working on it
and it even creates a file .wtpmodules
 > I would very much appreciate if the WTP team would dedicate some time
in helping this community and I believe that just like ant was something
that helped java (IDE's were in the stone age until they started using
it), maven and now maven2 can help a lot on project management.