Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by java qns <qn...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/26 01:46:17 UTC

Reading messages for a different Locale than default locale

Hi

I am a beginner with tapestry and have a question about messages.

Is it possible to read messages from a different locate other than the
default locale that is set in tapestry web application.

I need this because in the web application I am working on, no matter what
the locale is, some messages in some contexts always need english values.

Thankyou

Re: Reading messages for a different Locale than default locale

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, 25 Feb 2014 21:46:17 -0300, java qns <qn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi

Hi!

> I am a beginner with tapestry and have a question about messages.
>
> Is it possible to read messages from a different locate other than the
> default locale that is set in tapestry web application.

You need to set the Tapestry locale configuration
(tapestry.supported-locales) to include all the languages you want. Or
just not set it and it'll get all the ones supported by Tapestry.

> I need this because in the web application I am working on, no matter
> what the locale is, some messages in some contexts always need english
> values.

What messages and what languages? Maybe not all the languages have all the
messages, so it defaults to English.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://machina.com.br