Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by jaybytez <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2012/03/09 22:48:20 UTC

2way SSL errors - http conduit

One last question with regards to http:conduit:

I can only get the following to work with 2way SSL
<http:conduit name="*.http-conduit">

The documentation says to use the WSDL port with QName to make it specific
instead of "*":

<http:conduit name="{https://foo.com}FooPort.http-conduit">

That doesn't seem to work for me...

&lt;service name="Foo">
    &lt;port *name="FooPort"* binding="tns:FooPortBinding">
      &lt;soap:address location="REPLACE_WITH_ACTUAL_URL"/>
    &lt;/port>
&lt;/service>

Is the FooPort above the port name from the WSDL that is supposed to used in
http:conduit and just apply the targetNamespace?

Re: 2way SSL errors - http conduit

Posted by jaybytez <ja...@yahoo.com>.
Woohoo, the regular expression worked!!!

I obviously didn't right my url regex correctly.

Thanks a ton for the help!

Re: 2way SSL errors - http conduit

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Friday, March 09, 2012 08:16:21 PM jaybytez wrote:
> Thanks, I will take a look at the blog entry.
>
> And unfortunately, yes...the namespace contains a https (it's a goverment
> web service).  I tried putting the portName in multiple variations and
> none work for me.
>
> So we have been using the *.http-conduit, but the funny thing that
> happened when we went into production awhile ago is that we have two
> service callouts in a war and one requires the 2 way SSL while the other
> doesn't.  So the *.http-conduit was wildcarding and applying to all
> callouts, so the service that didn't require it was failing because it
> was expecting this certificate exchange (and the whole time we thought it
> was a VIP problem).  Anyways, that is why I am trying to constrain the
> http-conduit to a specific service.
>
> I will read the blog entry and then give a few more tries.  I tried the
> URL regular expression except the problem is that part of the urls are
> different for prod and test, like:
>
> https://prod.gov/service
> https://test.gov/service
>
> And I would need to regular expression a part in the URL (not sure if that
> is possible).

Yes.  That is possible.   name="https://.*\.gov/service"  could do it.
However, you can also even use separate conduit settings.   One for
"test.gov" and another for "prod.gov".   That can allow for separate
settings for production and testings.

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: 2way SSL errors - http conduit

Posted by jaybytez <ja...@yahoo.com>.
[...]

Thanks for the help!

Re: 2way SSL errors - http conduit

Posted by Glen Mazza <gm...@talend.com>.
This blog entry might help:
http://www.jroller.com/gmazza/entry/cxf_x509_profile_secpol

Glen

On 03/09/2012 06:47 PM, Glen Mazza wrote:
> What you have should work--does your namespace really start with
> "https://" and not just "http://"?
>
> Glen
>
> On 03/09/2012 04:48 PM, jaybytez wrote:
>> One last question with regards to http:conduit:
>>
>> I can only get the following to work with 2way SSL
>> <http:conduit name="*.http-conduit">
>>
>> The documentation says to use the WSDL port with QName to make it
>> specific
>> instead of "*":
>>
>> <http:conduit name="{https://foo.com}FooPort.http-conduit">
>>
>> That doesn't seem to work for me...
>>
>> &lt;service name="Foo">
>> &lt;port *name="FooPort"* binding="tns:FooPortBinding">
>> &lt;soap:address location="REPLACE_WITH_ACTUAL_URL"/>
>> &lt;/port>
>> &lt;/service>
>>
>> Is the FooPort above the port name from the WSDL that is supposed to
>> used in
>> http:conduit and just apply the targetNamespace?
>>
>> --

Glen Mazza