Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Simone Tripodi <si...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/11 12:43:16 UTC

[VOTE] Release Digester 2.1 based on RC1

Hi all guys,
on behalf of the Digester committers I'd like to invite you to vote
the 2.1 release of the commons-digester.

Tag:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/digester/tags/DIGESTER_2_1_RC1/

Release notes:

http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/digester/2.1/RC1/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

Site:

http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/digester/2.1/RC1/site/index.html

Binaries:

http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/digester/2.1/RC1/staged/commons-digester/commons-digester/2.1-RC1/

Votes, please.  This vote will close in 72 hours (14 Sept, 11:00am GMT).

Thanks in advance.
Simo

[ ] +1 release it
[ ] +0 OK, but...
[ ] -0 Would really like to see...
[ ] -1 no, do not release it because...

Re: [VOTE] Release Digester 2.1 based on RC1

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
just to close this thread since the Sebastian's -1 (with reasons!)
blocked the RC1.
I'll push the RC2 soon.
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rahul

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 6:43 AM, Simone Tripodi
<snip/>

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Sep 11, 2010 at 11:20 AM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11 September 2010 11:43, Simone Tripodi <si...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all guys,
>> on behalf of the Digester committers I'd like to invite you to vote
>> the 2.1 release of the commons-digester.
>>
>> Tag:
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/digester/tags/DIGESTER_2_1_RC1/
>>
>> Release notes:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/digester/2.1/RC1/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>>
>> Site:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/digester/2.1/RC1/site/index.html
>
> Fixed a minor typo - missing "(" - not a blocker.
>
>> Binaries:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/digester/2.1/RC1/staged/commons-digester/commons-digester/2.1-RC1/
>
> SIgniing key is listed in public databases, but does not appear to be in:
>
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/trunks-proper/KEYS
>
> This needs to be updated as per the instructions contained in it.
>
> The <scm> entries in pom.xml refer to /tags/DIGESTER_2_1_RC1.
> However, if the vote succeeds, the tag should be renamed to remove the
> _RC1 suffix - and the scm entries will then be invalid.

<snip/>

For this, I leave the successful RC tag and the final tag around. IMO
thats good enough.

> There are similar problems with the Specification-Version: and
> Implementation-Version: in the MANIFEST files.
>
> Also, the directory names include RC1.
>
> Given that the RC version is defined here:
>
> <commons.rc.version>RC1</commons.rc.version>
>
> perhaps
>
> <version>2.1-RC1</version>
>
> should be
>
> <version>2.1</version>
>
> Not sure if this works with the Maven release plugin.

<snap/>

Here is what I do with the release plugin (using soon to come RC2 as example):

 * When prompted for the version, use 2.1
 * When prompted for the tag, use DIGESTER_2_1_RC2

Voting on the exact bits leads to the first bullet, that this isn't
the actual release until it passes muster leads to the second.

<commons.rc.version> is updated manually before each RC.

-Rahul

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@gmail.com>.
excellent, I thought the same and agree with this!!!
all the best,
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Simone Tripodi <si...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot for the clarifications Rahul!!! :)
Have a nice day,
Simo

http://www.99soft.org/

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.