Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by shreck <cm...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/18 08:09:34 UTC

Is there a tool to directly index hdfs files to solr?

Re: Is there a tool to directly index hdfs files to solr?

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 10/18/2018 6:17 AM, shreck wrote:
> why  remove "\solr\contrib\map-reduce" lib from solr6.6.1?

Those contrib modules were removed for two primary reasons:

* They are available elsewhere.
* The copy included with Solr was not being maintained.

See this issue:

Shawn

Re: Is there a tool to directly index hdfs files to solr?

Posted by Jason Gerlowski <ge...@gmail.com>.
Not familiar with the contrib you mentioned, or the rationale behind
its removal.  But as to your first question, you might be interested
in looking at: https://github.com/lucidworks/hadoop-solr

Disclaimer: I help maintain the "hadoop-solr" project mentioned.

Posted by shreck <cm...@gmail.com>.
why  remove "\solr\contrib\map-reduce" lib from solr6.6.1?