Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Louis R Suárez-Potts <lo...@apache.org> on 2012/05/14 22:04:06 UTC

UX, Inclusive Design, Fluid Project

I used to be tangentially involved in the Fluid Project, which promotes "inclusive design," or designing, in this case, software that can work with all people, not just a few. Now that we are at the cusp of invention and are beginning debate and work on UX, I'd like to point the emerging group to the Fluid Project.

The PI of the project used to work (and still does, I think) on ensuring that document formats comply with accessibility requirements, and that includes--especially--the ODF.

Best,
Louis

Re: UX, Inclusive Design, Fluid Project

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <lo...@apache.org>.
Kevin

On Tuesday, 15 May 2012, Kevin Grignon wrote:

> Louis,
>
> "Inclusive" or "universal", accessible design is very important.
>
> You are correct, we are on the cusp of UX invention, and your input would
> be greatly appreciated.
>
> The UX community is starting fresh, and welcomes your support.
>
> Watch your inbox and the community wiki for more information.
>
> Regards,
> Kevin

I am active on multiple fronts, not quite continuing my longtime work as
community manager and council chair, as well as lead of marketing and many
other projects, but also not putting it away. I do however more actively
continue my ODF activities, as well as ecosystem development on a global
scale.. Inclusive design--accessibility-- was and is a privileged vehicle
for penetrating otherwise inaccessible markets.

Louis

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile

Re: UX, Inclusive Design, Fluid Project