Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sanjay Gupta <Sa...@billwiseinc.com> on 2009/04/21 21:18:16 UTC

Sending binary data(not using MTOM) using DataHandler

Hi,
I have written a service that returns DataHandler containing the binary data(pdf file). When I call that service by using the classes generated by wsdl2java I only get 12k of the binary data. I have seen as reference to 12K buffer wrap issue. I would appreciate if anybody can give me some pointers on how to resole this issue. BTW the service is written in grails and exposed using AXIS2 plugin and all other services(the one not dealing with binary data) work without any issue.

Thanks
Sanjay

RE: Sending binary data(not using MTOM) using DataHandler

Posted by Sanjay Gupta <Sa...@billwiseinc.com>.
Hi Martin,
I am not sure about question but during debugging I noted that reader.getText() only gives 16211 bytes which possibly gets translated into 12188 binary bytes. I don't understand this code well. Don't you think that reader.getText() call should gives all bytes. I did check the size inside my server side code just before the return and size is proper.
Thanks
Sanjay

From: mgainty@hotmail.com
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 16:21:49 -0400

<wsdl:definitions xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" name="XSD_base64Binary"
...>
assume the element you are referencing in your xsd is type="xsd:base64Binary datatype"

            <xsd:element name="asNonNillableElementResponse">
                <xsd:complexType>
                    <xsd:sequence>
                        <xsd:element name="nonNillableElement"
                            type="xsd:base64Binary" nillable="false" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" /
                    </xsd:sequence>
                </xsd:complexType>
            </xsd:element>

?
Martin

could you display your full wsdl

________________________________
Windows Live(tm) Hotmail®:...more than just e-mail. Check it out.<http://windowslive.com/online/hotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_more_042009>
________________________________
Rediscover Hotmail®: Get quick friend updates right in your inbox. Check it out.<http://windowslive.com/RediscoverHotmail?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_HM_Rediscover_Updates2_042009>

RE: Sending binary data(not using MTOM) using DataHandler

From: mgainty@hotmail.com
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 16:21:49 -0400

<wsdl:definitions xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" name="XSD_base64Binary"
...>
assume the element you are referencing in your xsd is type="xsd:base64Binary datatype"

            <xsd:element name="asNonNillableElementResponse">
                <xsd:complexType>
                    <xsd:sequence>
                        <xsd:element name="nonNillableElement"
                            type="xsd:base64Binary" nillable="false" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1" /
                    </xsd:sequence>
                </xsd:complexType>
            </xsd:element>

?
Martin

could you display your full wsdl
Disclaimer and Confidentiality/Verzicht und Vertraulichkeitanmerkung / Note de déni et de confidentialité
This message is confidential. If you should not be the intended receiver, then we ask politely to report. Each unauthorized forwarding or manufacturing of a copy is inadmissible. This message serves only for the exchange of information and has no legal binding effect. Due to the easy manipulation of emails we cannot take responsibility over the the contents.

> From: Sanjay.Gupta@billwiseinc.com
> To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
> Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 12:18:16 -0700
> Subject: Sending binary data(not using MTOM) using DataHandler
>
> Hi,
> I have written a service that returns DataHandler containing the binary data(pdf file). When I call that service by using the classes generated by wsdl2java I only get 12k of the binary data. I have seen as reference to 12K buffer wrap issue. I would appreciate if anybody can give me some pointers on how to resole this issue. BTW the service is written in grails and exposed using AXIS2 plugin and all other services(the one not dealing with binary data) work without any issue.
>
> Thanks
> Sanjay

Windows Live™ Hotmail®:…more than just e-mail. Check it out.

Posted by Sanjay Gupta <Sa...@billwiseinc.com>.
Hi Martin,
Thanks for your reponse. wsdl file is attached. Type is xs:base64Binary in the wsdl. The wsdl was auto generated by grails axis2 plugin.
Thanks
Sanjay

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
Attached is the updated wsdl and updated java sources which will implement hexBinary instead of Base64Binary (not MTOM attachment)

Warm Regards

From: mgainty@hotmail.com
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 2009 16:21:49 -0400