Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Kris Schneider <kr...@dotech.com> on 2004/10/07 23:20:56 UTC

Clarification of Bug 17165 (also Bug 31585)

Currently, Bug 17165 is resolved invalid and Bug 31585 is resolved duplicate (of
17165). The basic conclusion seems to be that nothing can be done on Struts'
part. I sketched out the use of an internal reference object for Bug 31585, but
now I'm curious whether or not it would really be of use.

If the container just maintains strong references to the tag handler instances,
then using an internal reference object to wrap the collection should help.
That way, each tag handler instance only maintains a strong reference to the
collection between doStartTag and doEndTag invocations. However, if the
container also maintains strong references to the attribute values, then an
internal refernce object won't help. Can anyone shed some light on whether or
not a container is likely to maintain strong references to tag attribute values
(or the results of calling a tag handler's property read methods)?

Bug 17165: http://tinyurl.com/49r9b
Bug 31585: http://tinyurl.com/465uf

--
Kris Schneider <ma...@dotech.com>
D.O.Tech       <http://www.dotech.com/>

Re: Clarification of Bug 17165 (also Bug 31585)

Posted by Kris Schneider <kr...@dotech.com>.
Aha! That's why this post never showed up in dev@struts ;-). Nothing to see
here, keep moving...