Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by AGUGLIARO Michael <Mi...@sword-technologies.com> on 2005/04/15 14:55:56 UTC

https upload applet (over an authenticated proxy)

Hello,

I am working on an https upload applet (over an authenticated proxy).
This applet makes some http posts to a specified URL (using HttpClient
2.0.2).

I implemented a first version using HttpClient API to specify the proxy
settings (host, ip, credentials). In this version, the SSL certificate
is specified using a system property
(System.setProperty("javax.net.ssl.trustStore", "C:\\cacerts")). This
version is ok, but needs some client informations like proxy settings,
user, password ...

That's why I would like to write another version. In fact, all the web
site is accessed through https. The first time the user connects to the
site, he gives his user, password (for the proxy) and the https
connection is opened. My applet is called after that. What I would like
to do is to use the same session (https session) as the browser and to
specify this session to the HttpState of my HttpClient. What I hope is
that I will have no authentication settings (proxy or ssl) to do in the
applet.

Is it possible for an applet to make some http request using the same
https session as the browser ?
If yes, does it mean that no SSL certificate have to be specified in the
applet and that no proxy settings are necessary ?

Any idea ?

Thanks in advance
Regards
Mickael Agugliaro

Re: https upload applet (over an authenticated proxy)

Posted by Roland Weber <RO...@de.ibm.com>.
Hello Michael,

"AGUGLIARO Michael" <Mi...@sword-technologies.com> wrote on
15.04.2005 14:55:56:

> Is it possible for an applet to make some http request using the same
> https session as the browser ?

No.

Sorry to have no better news,
  Roland