Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Cheng <zh...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/08 13:12:33 UTC

how to create directory on a remote server protected by password

Hi,

I want to create a writer on a folder ("fsdir") in a remote server
("10.161.1.23"), which has user id "xyz" and password "pwd". How can I do
so?

Thanks

Re: how to create directory on a remote server protected by password

Posted by Ian Lea <ia...@gmail.com>.
Don't.  Likely to cause more problems than it's worth.  See recent
thread on "Why read past EOF".

But if you really feel you must, either write your own implementation
of FSDirectory or mount the remote folder locally at the OS level
using SMB or NFS or whatever.  I know which one I'd go for, except
that I wouldn't do it at all.

--
Ian.