Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Sumit Bhardwaj <su...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/11 10:39:07 UTC

Large Number of ActiveMQ Connection Executor Threads

Hi,

We are using ActiveMQ version 5.15.8, We are connecting to it using Spring
JMSTemplate. What we are seeing is in case of connection errors too many of
following threads get created

"ActiveMQ Connection Executor.."

In one instance around 1250 Threads for the above were active in our tomcat
hosting our web application, when maxConnections setting on activeMQ was
1000.

The behaviour is similar to the following defect
which was fixed in 5.14.6, but we are seeing in 5.15.8 as well.

Is there any quick solution for this by changing any spring configuration
or ActiveMQ server configuration?

Spring Version: 5.0.6.RELEASE
ActiveMQ Version 5.1.5.8

Spring Configuration

<!-- Template class for sending messages. -->
<bean id="jmsTemplate" class="org.springframework.jms.core.JmsTemplate;">
<constructor-arg ref="authenticationConnectionFactory"></constructor-arg>
<property name="sessionTransacted" value="false"></property>
<property name="deliveryPersistent" value="true"></property>
<property name="defaultDestination" ref="jmsTemplateDest"></property>
</bean>

<!-- Beans for connection factory and destination queues -->
<bean id="activemqConnectionFactory"
<property name="brokerURL" value="${activemq.broker.url}"></property>
</bean>

<bean id="jmsTemplateDest"
class="org.apache.activemq.command.ActiveMQQueue">
<constructor-arg index="0" value="${queue.name}"/>
</bean>

Thanks in advance!

Best
Sumit

Re: Large Number of ActiveMQ Connection Executor Threads

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
Didn't you already send this question to the User List? That question
already received a response from Tim.

The User List is the appropriate list for this question. The Dev List is
for individuals working on the actual development of an ActiveMQ component.

Justin