Posted to dev@zipkin.apache.org by Zoltán Nagy <ab...@apache.org> on 2018/12/17 20:37:20 UTC

Reaching Bintray storage quota

Checking https://bintray.com/openzipkin I noticed a nice red banner saying
"Your organization, 'openzipkin', reached 83% of your storage quota,
storage in use: 32318379536 out of 38654705664.". Translating that into
human numbers, we're at ~30GB out of 36GB. I'm unclear on whether this
includes SNAPSHOT artifacts, or stable releases only. Either way, it seems
we need to either start looking into a cleanup strategy, or get more
storage, or drop Bintray.

This already seems to be some upgraded package: the pricing page at
https://bintray.com/openzipkin/account/account/pricing cites the OSS
package as having 10GB storage.

For example, we may or may not be able to use the ASF dev artifact storage
area for most of what we currently use Bintray for. But storage is not free
there either, so we should make sure to only store what we really need.

AFAICT we still have plenty of time to act on this, so I'm opening this up
for ideas (as opposed to coming to you with a ready action-plan that
urgently needs action).

Cheers!