Posted to users@maven.apache.org by jan_bar <he...@yahoo.com> on 2006/09/30 20:16:21 UTC

Patching plugins

Hi,

I need to patch several plugins, but it seems too complicated to do. I
already read
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Patching+Maven+Plugins, but I do
not fully understand it. Are there any other resources about this topic?

Thanks, Jan

List of needed patches:
* xmlbeans-maven-plugin - use xbeans-2.2 instead of xbeans-2.0
* maven-ejb-plugin - use 2.1-SNAPSHOT (EJB3 support)
* xdoclet-maven-plugin - use xjavadoc-1.1-j5-v4, xjavadoc-1.1 chokes on Java
5 annotations

Re: Re: Patching plugins

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
I hope that you might be willing/able to share your patches back with
the Maven community to improve the overall quality of these plugins
for everyone... unless of course they've already been submitted and
are simply waiting on a formal release.

Wayne

RE: Re: Patching plugins

Re: Patching plugins

Posted by jan_bar <he...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

Re: Patching plugins

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <ke...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Re: Patching plugins

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <ke...@apache.org>.
Hi,

So your question is really 'how do I share plugins in my company?'.

You'll want to set up a remote repository first see [1].

Next you'll have to add a pluginRepository definition for that url in your companies root pom
(or in the top level pom of the project). See [2].

Finally you'll need to deploy the modified plugin to that repository; see [3].

-- Kenney

[1] http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-repositories.html
[2] http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-multiple-repositories.html for that.
[3] http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-3rd-party-jars-remote.html