Posted to dev@openmeetings.apache.org by rahul bhola <rb...@gmail.com> on 2013/04/17 15:39:44 UTC

RFB

hi,
   was looking into the current source code and made a smaller test at
https://github.com/rahul-bhola/GSOC2013/blob/master/con.java .But because
it uses robot same as in main source it is slow
   one alternative that i found out was using remote frame buffer or RFB in
java. Instead of buffering the screen shots it will buffer down the events
. It could be sent using standard socket plus we could apply encodings like
tight, ZRLE , Hextile etc.
   i am still working on rfb any help would be appreciated. Also can
someone please tell me when is the application deadline for GSOC 2013 and
how to apply for it

regards
Rahul
Bits Pilani
India

Re: RFB

Posted by Andun Sameera <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rahul,

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 7:09 PM, rahul bhola <rb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> hi,
>    was looking into the current source code and made a smaller test at
> https://github.com/rahul-bhola/GSOC2013/blob/master/con.java .But because
> it uses robot same as in main source it is slow
>    one alternative that i found out was using remote frame buffer or RFB in
> java. Instead of buffering the screen shots it will buffer down the events
> . It could be sent using standard socket plus we could apply encodings like
> tight, ZRLE , Hextile etc.
>    i am still working on rfb any help would be appreciated. Also can
> someone please tell me when is the application deadline for GSOC 2013 and
> how to apply for it

Find those details from [1], [2]

--
Regards