Posted to users@maven.apache.org by SophosGuy <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/01 15:42:28 UTC

Trying to copy additional files to jar

I am trying to include my dependancy jars in a file inside the jar, in order
to make it easier on users by not requiring making sure files are in the
right place or class path is set up right. So I first copy all dependancies
using the maven-dependency-plugin then I want to use the maven-jar-plugin to
add the classpath to the manifest and then include the jars for these
dependancies together.

Basically how do I add additional files to the JAR using maven-jar-plugin?

Here is what I am doing
<plugin>
                    <executions>
                      <execution>
                        <id>copy-dependencies</id>
                        <phase>package</phase>
                        <goals>
                          <goal>copy-dependencies</goal>
                        </goals>
                        <configuration>

<outputDirectory>${project.build.directory}/classes/lib</outputDirectory>
                          <overWriteReleases>false</overWriteReleases>
                          <overWriteSnapshots>true</overWriteSnapshots>
                        </configuration>
                      </execution>
                    </executions>
                  </plugin>
          <plugin>
                <version>2.2</version>
                <configuration>
                    <archive>
                        <!--
                        <index>true</true>
                        -->
                        <includes>
                            <include>**/classes/lib/*</include>
                        </includes>
                        <manifest>
                            <addClasspath>true</addClasspath>
                            <classpathPrefix>lib/</classpathPrefix>

                        </manifest>
                    </archive>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>

This throws me an error

[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] Failed to configure plugin parameters for:
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jar-plugin:2.2

Cause: Cannot find setter nor field in
org.apache.maven.archiver.MavenArchiveConfiguration for 'includes'
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Error configuring:
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jar-plugin. Reason: Unable to parse the
created DOM for plugin configuration
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:587)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:499)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:478)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:330)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:291)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:142)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:336)
	at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
	at
	at
Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.PluginConfigurationException: Error
configuring: org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-jar-plugin. Reason: Unable to
parse the created DOM for plugin configuration
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.populatePluginFields(DefaultPluginManager.java:1288)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.getConfiguredMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:661)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:429)
	at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:558)
	... 16 more
Caused by:
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.ComponentConfigurationException:
Cannot find setter nor field in
org.apache.maven.archiver.MavenArchiveConfiguration for 'includes'
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.ComponentValueSetter.<init>(ComponentValueSetter.java:68)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.composite.ObjectWithFieldsConverter.processConfiguration(ObjectWithFieldsConverter.java:134)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.composite.ObjectWithFieldsConverter.fromConfiguration(ObjectWithFieldsConverter.java:90)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.ComponentValueSetter.configure(ComponentValueSetter.java:247)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.converters.composite.ObjectWithFieldsConverter.processConfiguration(ObjectWithFieldsConverter.java:137)
	at
org.codehaus.plexus.component.configurator.BasicComponentConfigurator.configureComponent(BasicComponentConfigurator.java:56)
	at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.populatePluginFields(DefaultPluginManager.java:1282)
	... 19 more

RE: Trying to copy additional files to jar

Posted by "Edelson, Justin" <Ju...@mtvstaff.com>.
That's for the MANIFEST.MF file. Again, you should read the JAR
specification for a description of this file.

Justin

> [...]

>>        at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultL
ifecycleExecutor.java:478)
>>        at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandle
Failures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:330)
>>        at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(
DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:291)
>>        at

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifec
ycleExecutor.java:142)
>>        at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:336)
>>        at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:129)
>>        at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:287)

a:39)
>>        at

Impl.java:25)

Posted by SophosGuy <ja...@gmail.com>.