Posted to phoenix-dev@avalon.apache.org by NeOn <ra...@hotmail.com> on 2002/10/01 18:19:31 UTC

Documentation Help !

hi all ,

I have been using opensource projects or quite sometime
now and i would like to contribute to the movement.
First I want to start off with documentation.After consulting
Peter Royal , he  told me to post a message here regarding the same.

So if any documentation is pending/incomplete , i would like to
help to finish it.

NeOn.

Re: Documentation Help !

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2 Oct 2002 02:19, NeOn wrote:
> I have been using opensource projects or quite sometime
> now and i would like to contribute to the movement.
> First I want to start off with documentation.After consulting
> Peter Royal , he  told me to post a message here regarding the same.
>
> So if any documentation is pending/incomplete , i would like to
> help to finish it.

Fantastic - more documentation is always needed.

One thing that would be really good to document would be the auotmatic
generation of .xinfo files from source code. We previously used XDoclet and
now we use QDox to do this. Essentially this allows us to annotate our source
files with tags like

@phoenix:block

and the .xinfo file is generated from these source files. If you could
document that it would be fantastic.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
"Artists can color the sky red because they know it's blue.  Those of us who
 aren't artists must color things the way they really are or people might
 think we're stupid." -- Jules Feiffer