Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Brian Atkins <br...@firehunter.com> on 2001/10/03 21:22:03 UTC

Bug #1633: Indent-amount default of 0 incorrect

I feel this is incorrect behavior.  If someone is producing a stylesheet
without regard to what XSLT processor will eventually process it, then
they will expect indent="yes" to actually indent.  Requiring that they set
an Xalan specific attribute to get the desired behavior, if/when the stylesheet
is processed by an Xalan implementation, strikes me as very undesirable.

If this has already undergone discussion and the consensus is that the default
indent-amount should indeed be 0, can you point me to an archive of this
discussion?

Thanks
Brian Atkins