Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Michael Engelhart <me...@earthtrip.com> on 2000/01/15 17:50:33 UTC

1.6 dev build errors

I'm attempting to build Cocoon 1.6dev with  CodeWarrior on the Mac and am
getting the following errors.

> Error   : Undefined variable or class name: Utils
> LdapDefs.java line 84
> master_default_query_props.put(Utils.ERROR_ELEMENT,"ldaperror");
>
> Error   : Undefined variable or class name: Utils
> SQLProcessor.java line 209                   results_element =
> Utils.createElement(document,namespace,doc_element_name);
>
> Error   : Undefined variable or class name: Utils
> SQLProcessor.java line 263                           row_element =
> Utils.createElement(document,namespace,row_element_name);
>
> Error   : Undefined variable or class name: Utils
> SQLProcessor.java line 277                           column_element =
> Utils.createElement(document,namespace,columns[i].name);
>
> Error   : Undefined variable or class name: Utils
> SQLProcessor.java line 295               Element error_element =
> Utils.createErrorElement(document,namespace,query_props,e);

When I add this to the two source files
import org.apache.cocoon.*;'

I get errors that say that ERROR_ELEMENT is not a defined  variable and
createElement() is not a defined method (which they are not).  Are these two
source files using some other packages Utils class?

Thanks,

Mike

Re: 1.6 dev build errors

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Michael Engelhart wrote:

> I'm attempting to build Cocoon 1.6dev with  CodeWarrior on the Mac and am
> getting the following errors.
>

> > Error   : Undefined variable or class name: Utils
> > LdapDefs.java line 84
> > master_default_query_props.put(Utils.ERROR_ELEMENT,"ldaperror");
> >
> > Error   : Undefined variable or class name: Utils
> > SQLProcessor.java line 209                   results_element =
> > Utils.createElement(document,namespace,doc_element_name);
> >
> > Error   : Undefined variable or class name: Utils
> > SQLProcessor.java line 263                           row_element =
> > Utils.createElement(document,namespace,row_element_name);
> >
> > Error   : Undefined variable or class name: Utils
> > SQLProcessor.java line 277                           column_element =
> > Utils.createElement(document,namespace,columns[i].name);
> >
> > Error   : Undefined variable or class name: Utils
> > SQLProcessor.java line 295               Element error_element =
> > Utils.createErrorElement(document,namespace,query_props,e);
> >

> When I add this to the two source files
> import org.apache.cocoon.*;'
>
> I get errors that say that ERROR_ELEMENT is not a defined  variable and
> createElement() is not a defined method (which they are not).  Are these two
> source files using some other packages Utils class?

??? I compile it clean with no problems at all. Make sure you don't have
leftovers in your classpath.

Stefano.