Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Ramesh N <ra...@catalytic.com> on 2006/11/27 18:39:27 UTC

ActiveMQ and Flash

Hi,

I am trying to get messages from a queue (which i created as outbound) thru
flash. At flash end im creating an XMLSocket object and try to listen to
tcp://localhost:61616 well this basically listens to the acitvemq.

I saw connectivity to almost all the lang...but not to flash.

how to i get the queue connection here..is there any plugin available ??

Please send me ur suggestions.

Thanks,
Ramesh

Re: ActiveMQ and Flash

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 11/27/06, Ramesh N <ra...@catalytic.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to get messages from a queue (which i created as outbound) thru
> flash. At flash end im creating an XMLSocket object and try to listen to
> tcp://localhost:61616 well this basically listens to the acitvemq.
>
> I saw connectivity to almost all the lang...but not to flash.
>
> how to i get the queue connection here..is there any plugin available ??
>
> Please send me ur suggestions.

We've not got a Flash connector yet - but it should be pretty easy to
create one.

We've got support for

Ajax
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/ajax.html

XMPP
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/xmpp.html

Stomp
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/stomp.html

REST
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/rest.html

so one of those could help.

If you can easily open a socket from Flash then it should be very easy
to create a Flash based Stomp client as the protocol is very simple...

http://stomp.codehaus.org/Protocol

So thats my recommendation going forward - either that or try use the
Ajax/XMPP support maybe?

--

James
-------