Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Francesco Mari <ma...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/05 08:42:15 UTC

Duplicate logic in oak-run commands

Hi all,

While looking into OAK-4246 I figured out that many commands in oak-run
implement the same logic over and over to create instance of NodeStore from
command line arguments and options.

Thus, I created OAK-4349 to propose another approach to the problem. A
connection to a specific NodeStore could be specified by using an URI and
the logic to create NodeStore instances could be implemented in a single
place and reused from every command.

I proposed some examples in OAK-4349. I'm looking forward to hearing what
you think about this suggestion.

Re: Duplicate logic in oak-run commands

Posted by Francesco Mari <ma...@gmail.com>.
I think that the same approach could be used for the BlobStore, too. This
would force the customer to specify two URIs, one for the NodeStore and one
for the BlobStore.

Posted by Tomek Rekawek <re...@adobe.com>.
Hi Francesco,

Posted by Julian Sedding <js...@gmail.com>.
Hi Francesco

+1 for centralizing logic for creating a NodeStore instance.

I like the idea of encoding the description of a NodeStore instance in
a URI. This is both concise and extensible. We need to also consider
how to express the use of different DataStores as well. I.e. the URI
should ideally describe a complete setup.

Regards
Julian