Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Robert Menschel <Ro...@Menschel.net> on 2005/05/20 16:13:48 UTC

Re[2]: SARE_CHARSET_W1251 and SARE_FROM_CHAR_W1251

Hello Chris, John,

Friday, May 20, 2005, 3:47:55 AM, you wrote:

>>> I can re-score these rules (or remove sare_header0, which will lower the
>>> scores anyway), but I have 2 questions:
>>> - Is this a slightly unfair double-scoring?
>>> - Are there any other similar rules I should worry about, given that
>>> some Russian mail to this server is ham?
>>
>> These are actually in the header1 file, not header0, but surely they
>> ought to be moved to the 70_sare_header_eng.cf as they hit non-English
>> ham. Bob?

CL> They're in my header0.cf from sare/rules du jour. And in header.cf with
CL> a lower score as well. Have I got the wrong files?

Yes, your header0 is old.  Both rules are in header1 in the current
versions. You need to fix your RDJ for header0, or just delete it,
since header0 through header3 are included in header.cf

Yes, you can and maybe should provide a lower score, at least
temporarily.

Yes, they should be moved to header_eng, and will be this weekend.

Meanwhile, is it possible for you to send me some samples of the ham?
If I add that to my corpus, it'll be taken into account in the next
rescoring.

Bob Menschel

Re: SARE_CHARSET_W1251 and SARE_FROM_CHAR_W1251

Posted by Chris Lear <ch...@laculine.com>.
* Robert Menschel wrote (05/20/05 15:13):

>>> These are actually in the header1 file, not header0, but surely they
>>> ought to be moved to the 70_sare_header_eng.cf as they hit non-English
>>> ham. Bob?
>
> CL> They're in my header0.cf from sare/rules du jour. And in header.cf with
> CL> a lower score as well. Have I got the wrong files?
>
> Yes, your header0 is old.  Both rules are in header1 in the current
> versions. You need to fix your RDJ for header0, or just delete it,
> since header0 through header3 are included in header.cf
>
> Yes, you can and maybe should provide a lower score, at least
> temporarily.
>
> Yes, they should be moved to header_eng, and will be this weekend.

Thanks for all this. I've been educated.

> Meanwhile, is it possible for you to send me some samples of the ham?
> If I add that to my corpus, it'll be taken into account in the next
> rescoring.

Sent under separate cover.

--
Chris