Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Brandon Dohman <br...@eiu.edu> on 2007/09/04 03:20:55 UTC

how to lock a table

I am wanting to lock a table so that I can write information to it w/out having potential duplicate information written to the database table at the same time.  I am using jdbc to connect to a derby db with java and wondering if there was an sql command that I can use to lock the table and then unlock it when I am done w/ my update.  I did some googling but wasn't able to come up with anything useful, maybe I was looking in the wrong place.

all help is much appreciated.

Re: how to lock a table

Posted by Bryan Pendleton <bp...@amberpoint.com>.
> I am wanting to lock a table.