Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Dmitry I. Zubarovsky" <au...@rambler.ru> on 2004/04/01 18:51:09 UTC

Re[2]: Listening for expiring sessions

Hello stephen,

That happens when IEngineService generates stalesession exception or
user generates it.

Concerning implementing session listener ,
you need to specify listener class in web.xml file

Dima

ss> that only happens when the a user generates a stalesession correct?

ss> what i need to do is listen to when the container sends a
ss> HttpSessionEvent i.e in the HttpSessionListener interface there is a
ss> method sessionDestroyed( HttpSessionEvent ev ) that gets notified when
ss> a session expires

ss> i tried extending ApplicationServlet and implmenting the
ss> HttpSessionListener with some simple system.out 's when a session is
ss> created / destroyed , how ever they never get notified