Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/24 14:39:49 UTC

Virtio vs IDE emulation, per OS - where is this info ?

Hi all,

Im trying to build the simple table for our support guys, which OS type (as
seen in ACS) is virtio emualted, and which is IDE/Intel emulation.

I dont seem to find this in DB, except the list of OS types, families etc.

Can someone give some info, where should I find if OS is supposed to be
virtio or ide/intel/emulated ?

Andrija Panić

--

Andrija Panić

Re: Virtio vs IDE emulation, per OS - where is this info ?

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Simon,

thanks a lot for this info - but I'm not sure if this is complete list ?

For example: "Windows PV" is present in DB etc, but it's not here in the
code you sent (Windows PV = virtio hardware, other Windows X =
ide/intel....)

Do I miss something - I tried to crosscheck DB and code, and definitely I'm
missing something.... (hope this is not regresion from previous releases -
we are running 4.5 release...)

Thanks again !

Andrija