Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com> on 2013/10/11 02:43:41 UTC

More Context Matching

I am implementing the ability to create pages based on a template.  One
thing that comes to mind that we don't have supported in the Page REST
model now is the context matching.  It looks like most of that got moved to
the render resource.  Do we not want to be able to get pages that match a
context (Not rendered version) through the regular REST endpoint?  I can't
remember where we left this and I don't see anything in the archives.

To summarize, I am proposing we have some way of handling the following

GET
/pages/{context}/{contextid}

[{pageObj}, {pageObj}]

POST
/pages/{context}/{contextid}

Sound like acceptable additions to pages?

Re: More Context Matching

Posted by Dan Gornstein <da...@gornstein.com>.
On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 8:43 PM, Matt Franklin <m....@gmail.com>wrote:

> I am implementing the ability to create pages based on a template.  One
> thing that comes to mind that we don't have supported in the Page REST
> model now is the context matching.  It looks like most of that got moved to
> the render resource.  Do we not want to be able to get pages that match a
> context (Not rendered version) through the regular REST endpoint?  I can't
> remember where we left this and I don't see anything in the archives.
>
> To summarize, I am proposing we have some way of handling the following
>
> GET
> /pages/{context}/{contextid}
>
> [{pageObj}, {pageObj}]
>
> POST
> /pages/{context}/{contextid}
>
> Sound like acceptable additions to pages?

+1, sounds reasonable.