Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Josh Eckels <je...@stampysoft.com> on 2001/06/20 02:08:23 UTC

Three J2ME tasks available

I've written three Ant tasks to help with building J2ME projects. One uses
the J2ME Wireless Toolkit to preverify the class files, one updates the JAR
file size information in a JAD file, and the third uses the MIDP for PalmOS
tools from Sun to convert JAR files into PRCs that can be transferred to a
Palm handheld and run using the KVM.

They are available, with source, from http://www.stampysoft.com/ant/.

The external tools and tasks page (which I assume is the proper place for
these to live) says that one should post information to one of the mailing
lists to get listed. I hope this is the right one.

Thanks,
Josh

Re: Three J2ME tasks available

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Josh Eckels <je...@stampysoft.com> wrote:

> The primary difference is the set of J2ME tools that our tasks
> require. My tasks work with the somewhat newer (I believe) J2ME
> Wireless Toolkit and MIDP for PalmOS tools, while David's work with
> a CLDC toolkit and a set of PalmOS extensions for that toolkit.

Thanks, I'll see whether I can come up with some proper wording and
change the page accordingly (as soon as my companies DSL line is up
again).

Stefan

Re: Three J2ME tasks available

Posted by Josh Eckels <je...@stampysoft.com>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Josh Eckels <je...@stampysoft.com> wrote:

> The external tools and tasks page (which I assume is the proper
> place for these to live) says that one should post information to
> one of the mailing lists to get listed. I hope this is the right
> one.

You did, update of the page will happen in a few minutes.