Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Adrian Wilford <ad...@peregrine.co.za> on 2005/05/10 11:50:27 UTC

ArrayOfString problems

Hi All,
I am hoping someone can help me out here...

I am using JBOSS 4.02RC1, and I am having a problem with a method using a
String [] as a parameter. I used wscompile to generate the WSDL and mapping
files.
A WSDD with the following odd entry is generated when I try to deploy my app:

  <!-- Class not found, ignore type mapping
  <typeMapping
    qname='ns1:ArrayOfstring' xmlns:ns1='http://webservice'
    type='java:webservice.ArrayOfstring'
    serializer='null'
    deserializer='null'
    encodingStyle='http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/'>
  </typeMapping>
  -->

My SEI looks like this:

package webservice;

import java.rmi.Remote;
import java.rmi.RemoteException;

public interface MyClass extends Remote
{
	public int method1(String param1,
					String [] param2) throws RemoteException;
}

I also found this entry in the log file

Cannot find jaxrpc-mapping for type: {http://webservice}ArrayOfstring
10:57:35,339 WARN  [TypeMappingDescription] Class not found
webservice.ArrayOfstring

of course I have not written an interface or class called ArrayOfstring.
I suspect that the reason it is looking for ArrayOfstring in the package
"webservice", is because the QName: {http://webservice}ArrayOfstring uses
"http://webservice" as the URI.
I don't know why wscompile creates this, and I don't know how to tell
wscompile not to do so.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Adrian

Re: ArrayOfString problems

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Adrian,

wrong mailing list...wscompile is not a tool from Axis project. please
ask the JBoss folks.

-- dims