Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Luis Slocker <sl...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/27 17:58:37 UTC

[GSOC2012] Hupa evolution

hello, as I have in the issue,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HUPA-85?focusedCommentId=13238288&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13238288

I'm Luis R Slocker a final year postgraduate student from University of
Alcalá de Henares in Madrid, Spain. I am really interested in this project
for the GSoC of this year.

I find it interesting GWT technology as a powerful tool for developing
applications in the cloud, and I would like to extend my knowledge in this
area.
I always wanted to initiate me into the open source community and help with
humble contributions, and this seems perfect for me.

Then stay at your disposal for anything

Thanks a lot!
--
Correo de Luis R. Slocker

Re: [GSOC2012] Hupa evolution

Posted by Luis Slocker <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi!

Many thanks for the advice Manolo, I will try to download the Hupa
code, compile, runand play with it.
Also I will try to test locally with James.

- Luis Slocker

2012/3/27 Manuel Carrasco Moñino <ma...@apache.org>

> Hello Luis,
>
> Please feel free to ask whatever questions you had in order to
> understand James, Hupa and its internals so as you could write a good
> proposal to apply in the gsoc site.
>
> I suggest that you can start downloading hupa code, compile and run
> it. I have committed recently some changes (compillation fixes,
> autodeploy bundle) so as you should not have any problem following the
> readme file.
> Once you know what the application does, you could start importing the
> project modules in eclipse so as you could play with it in dev-mode
> (you need to install m2eclipse and google plugins).
> Although it is not mandatory you can try to install and run james
> server to easily play with users and domains in local (I recomend to
> download the last release).
>
> and... good luck
>
> - Manolo
>
> On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 5:58 PM, Luis Slocker <sl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > hello, as I have in the issue,
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HUPA-85?focusedCommentId=13238288&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13238288
> >
> > I'm Luis R Slocker a final year postgraduate student from University of
> > Alcalá de Henares in Madrid, Spain. I am really interested in this project
> > for the GSoC of this year.
> >
> > I find it interesting GWT technology as a powerful tool for developing
> > applications in the cloud, and I would like to extend my knowledge in this
> > area.
> > I always wanted to initiate me into the open source community and help with
> > humble contributions, and this seems perfect for me.
> >
> > Then stay at your disposal for anything
> >
> > Thanks a lot!
> > --
> > Correo de Luis R. Slocker