Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Quanlong Huang <hu...@gmail.com> on 2022/07/20 01:22:08 UTC

Python related build failures

Hi all,

I recently encountered some build failures related to my already messed up
python env. E.g. "ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'setuptools'" or
"bitarray/_bitarray.c:12:20: fatal error: Python.h: No such file or
directory"

It's expected to resolve them by running bin/bootstrap_system.sh or just
manually install the new dependencies, e.g. python3-dev, python3-setuptools.

If the failure remains, you can use "export DISABLE_PYTHON3_TEST=true" to
disable python3 related builds.

Hope this can unblock your development if you get stuck by such failures.

Regards,
Quanlong