Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Tom Seelbach <to...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/28 18:30:15 UTC

add to in modules/documentation/pom.xml

In modules/documentation, I ran  "mvn clean install".   I see 2 similar
errors in the  build output:
    [INFO] [site:attach-descriptor]
    [INFO] Unable to load parent project from a relative path: Could not
find the model file
'/home/tsee/asf/axis2/java/modules/documentation/../pom.xml'. for
project unknown
    [INFO] Parent project loaded from repository.

and later this:
    [INFO] [site:site {execution: default}]
    [INFO] Unable to load parent project from a relative path: Could not
find the model file
'/home/tsee/asf/axis2/java/modules/documentation/../pom.xml'. for
project unknown
    [INFO] Parent project loaded from repository.
    [INFO] Parent project loaded from repository.

It turns out that in pom.xml,  the
<relativePath>../parent/pom.xml</relativePath> is missing in the
<parent> section.
Adding the <relativePath> gets rid of  the first set of [INFO] messages
but the second set morphs to this:
    [INFO] [site:site {execution: default}]
    [INFO] Unable to load parent project from a relative path: Could not
find the model file
'/home/tsee/asf/axis2/java/modules/documentation/../parent/../pom.xml'.
for project unknown
    [INFO] Parent project loaded from repository.

After adding relativePath there is a slight difference in the /target/*
output.   Running "diff -b -r target/  target-new/"  shows that the
"class="externalLink""  is moved to after the href="x".  The links still
work fine.
For example:
    diff -b -r target/site/@axis2_version_dir@/adb/adb-howto.html
target2/site/@axis2_version_dir@/adb/adb-howto.html
    < <p>ADB utilizes the WS-Commons <a class="externalLink"
href="http://ws.apache.org/commons/XmlSchema/index.html">XmlSchema
    ---
href="http://ws.apache.org/commons/XmlSchema/index.html"
class="externalLink">XmlSchema

1) I think the <relativePath> should be added to the
documentation/pom.xml.

2) Should  I open a JIRA on the maven-site-plugin describing this
behavior to see if they have any suggestion, workaround, fix?  It looks
like site:attach-descriptor can handle the relativePath but site:site can't.

ok?
Tom

Re: [Axis2] add to in modules/documentation/pom.xml

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Tom,

+1 to both suggestions.

-- dims