Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by "Damle, Nikhil" <ND...@goendymion.com> on 2003/06/17 22:49:19 UTC

Standard procedure to deploy jetspeed portlets

Hi,

I am developing an application using portlets (JSP). The portlet based
application consists of several java classes, jsps, javascript files, css
files, tlds and some static html pages. Is it possible to deploy this
application as a war file ?

Right now, each type of file resides in a different sub folder under the
jetspeed folder structure ? ex. java class in the WEB-INF/classes folder,
jsps in the WEB-INF/conf/templates/jsp/portlets/html folder, tlds in the
WEB-INF/conf/templates/jsp folder. Is there a way to keep all the related
application/portlet files separate from one another ? Similarly all
application related jar files could go into a seperate folder other than the
WEB-INF/lib folder.

Nikhil.

Re: Standard procedure to deploy jetspeed portlets

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On Tuesday, June 17, 2003, at 01:49  PM, Damle, Nikhil wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am developing an application using portlets (JSP). The portlet based
> application consists of several java classes, jsps, javascript files,
> css
> files, tlds and some static html pages. Is it possible to deploy this
> application as a war file ?
>
> Right now, each type of file resides in a different sub folder under
> the
> jetspeed folder structure ? ex. java class in the WEB-INF/classes
> folder,
> jsps in the WEB-INF/conf/templates/jsp/portlets/html folder, tlds in
> the
> WEB-INF/conf/templates/jsp folder. Is there a way to keep all the
> related
> application/portlet files separate from one another ? Similarly all
> application related jar files could go into a seperate folder other
> than the
> WEB-INF/lib folder.
>
> Nikhil.

On my project, I use an Ant merging process described in the Jetspeed
Tutorial.
There is also a Maven plug-in available for merging your project with
the core Jetspeed project

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software