Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Radu Stefanache <ra...@rst.me> on 2015/02/16 11:18:28 UTC

All-about jobids

Hello everyone,

I am trying to understand a couple of things but since I am not a Java
developer I need your help .

1. How are the jobids generated ? Based on what ?

I presume that after a new job is spawned and a new id generated, that goes
in the database .
I also assume that if you have multiple management servers, in different
locations, and you have some latency you can end up with duplicate job ids
or no jobs at all (?)

2. If you have multiple management servers, let's say in the same
datacenter so we take out the latency factor, how are these servers sharing
the jobs ? Is there any mechanism of who is processing what ?

If during an upgrade you have in a pool management servers of different
versions (bring down old version server, patch, bring up..basic procedure)
will the jobs get affected ?

Thanks a lot!