Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by nick <ni...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/08 06:50:53 UTC

I/O exception (java.net.SocketException) caught when processing request: Connection reset

Hi I am seeing a lot of errors in while running the load as just 100 threads

we are using

java version "1.6.0_26"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 20.1-b02, mixed mode)

&

Jmeter 2.7

2013/03/07 20:52:01 INFO  -
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPHC4Impl$4: I/O exception
(java.net.SocketException) caught when processing request: Connection reset
2013/03/07 20:52:01 INFO  -
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPHC4Impl$4: Retrying request
2013/03/07 20:52:03 INFO  -
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPHC4Impl$4: I/O exception
(java.net.SocketException) caught when processing request: Connection reset
2013/03/07 20:52:03 INFO  -
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPHC4Impl$4: Retrying request
2013/03/07 20:52:05 INFO  -
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPHC4Impl$4: I/O exception
(java.net.SocketException) caught when processing request: Connection reset
2013/03/07 20:52:05 INFO  -
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.sampler.HTTPHC4Impl$4: Retrying request

Any help or pointer would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Nick
.

Re: I/O exception (java.net.SocketException) caught when processing request: Connection reset

Posted by Adrian Speteanu <as...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

These errors are not from JMeter, but from the OS's sockets. The root cause
is related to network problems (bad configuration, poor equipment, firewall
not coping with the volume of requests are the top on my mind, but there
are other causes too; overloading is sometimes an issue, but since you
don't have too much traffic, its out of the question here).

You'll need to investigate this problem - see if your test setup is correct
and then talk to the people responsible for the network and see what can be
done about it.

Regards,
Adrian