Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by ricksterv <ri...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/26 20:13:16 UTC

Speeding up or optimizing commits

Hello Group

I am working on a very large website for a major company. The website
is about 22 gigs. We have three branches off of it, each about 6 gigs.

The repository db is about 10 gigs.

People are starting to complain about the length of time to check a
file in.

Any recommendations on making the checkin process faster?

Thank you
Rick

Re: Speeding up or optimizing commits

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
ricksterv wrote:
> Hello Group
>
> I am working on a very large website for a major company. The website
> is about 22 gigs. We have three branches off of it, each about 6 gigs.
>
> The repository db is about 10 gigs.
>
> People are starting to complain about the length of time to check a
> file in.
>
> Any recommendations on making the checkin process faster?

Only one:  ask the nice folks at users@subversion.tigris.org (the
appropriate list for such topics).  Having done that, you would have already
sped things up by the cost of a few email turnarounds.  :-)

--
C. Michael Pilato <cm...@collab.net>