Posted to users@maven.apache.org by John Coleman <jo...@eurobase.com> on 2008/11/24 12:50:02 UTC

Multi client release

Hi,

We want to run various development projects on our trunk code. When
project development is complete for a client, we then want to do an
"alpha" release for internal testing. This release could contain
partiallly completed development work for other projects for other
clients.

Am I right in thinking we can just use the maven release plugin and
label the tag something like n.n.n-projectname-alpha1? Also we'd rather
the release process produces a branch rather than a tag, because we will
have to patch each first release before we get a beta version. Is that
possible?

Also, if we have snapshot dependencies for the project at release time,
if we elect to resolve these, does that just to a release/tag on each
dependency?

TIA
john