Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/23 11:14:20 UTC

Font-Awesome fonts are licensed under SIL OFL 1.1 which is category B

Hi,

As far as I see, JMeter source release includes font-awesome fonts
(bin/report-template/sbadmin2-1.0.7/bower_components/font-awesome/fonts),
and those fonts are licensed under SIL OFL 1.1 which is category B (see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-112 )

https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#binary-only-inclusion-condition

resolved.html>Unless otherwise specified, all Category B licensed works
should be included in binary-only form
in Apache Software Foundation convenience binaries (and not source code).

Does that mean we should somehow remove "fonts" part of "font-awesome" from
JMeter source release?

Vladimir