Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Theo Diefenthal <th...@scoop-software.de> on 2019/06/17 12:57:31 UTC

Has Flink a kafka processing location strategy?

Hi,

We have a Hadoop/YARN Cluster with Kafka and Flink/YARN running on the
same machines.

In Spark (Streaming), there is a PreferBrokers location strategy, so that
the executors consume those kafka partitions which are served from the
same machines kafka broker. (
https://spark.apache.org/docs/2.4.0/streaming-kafka-0-10-integration.html#
locationstrategies  )

I wonder if there is such thing in Flink as well? I didn't find anything
yet.

Best regards

Theo Diefenthal

Re: Has Flink a kafka processing location strategy?

Posted by Konstantin Knauf <ko...@ververica.com>.
Hi Theo,

no, sorry, the Kafka partitions that each subtask is assigned to is only
determined by the index of the subtask.

Best,

Konstantin

--

Konstantin Knauf | Solutions Architect

+49 160 91394525

Planned Absences: 20. - 21.06.2019, 10.08.2019 - 31.08.2019, 05.09. -
06.09.2010

--

Data Artisans GmbH | Invalidenstrasse 115, 10115 Berlin, Germany

--
Data Artisans GmbH
Managing Directors: Dr. Kostas Tzoumas, Dr. Stephan Ewen