Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org> on 2015/03/31 01:08:19 UTC

requiring java 1.7

Guys,

I thought we added a requirement to make sure that maven build requires JDK
1.7. But if I build with JDK 1.8 I get only compilation errors without any
explanation why.

Can someone comment on that, please?

D.

Re: requiring java 1.7

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 10:22AM, Alexey Kuznetsov wrote:
> Build procedure was significantly modified in sprint-3.
> If we want to try to compile sprint-2 with JDK 8 we will need to modify
> pom.xml
> As of we released, we cannot change anything without restart release voting.
> Should I try to compile sprint-2 with JDK 8?

I think it is ok to just document JDK7 requirements for 1.0 and fix it in the
consequent release. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me ;)

Re: requiring java 1.7

Posted by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@gridgain.com>.

--
Alexey Kuznetsov