Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by sridharmnj <sr...@yahoo.co.in> on 2008/08/20 16:46:14 UTC

Tomcat5.0.27 - javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL handshake

Hi,
My application is deployed into Solaris box and java version is 1.3, Tomcat
5.0.27, apache 2.0.50.
This appication access a webservice whose end point is https://.
I configured this app with JSSE 1.0.3 and also configured with the below
code.

System.setProperty("java.protocol.handler.pkgs",
"com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol");
Security.addProvider(new com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider());

System.setProperty("proxySet", "true");
System.setProperty("http.proxyHost","MyserverIP");
System.setProperty("http.proxyPort","80");
System.setProperty("http.nonProxyHosts",
"https://mywebserviceendpoint.com");

When this application access the webservice, this application throwing the
below exception.
javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL handshake

This solaris box doesnot have GUI and also browser.

1) Do I need to install any certificate?
2) Does 443 port should be open in my solarix box?
3) Do I need to configure anything in Tomcat or Apache?

I did some research in google but of no use.
Please let me know what could be the problem?

Thanks,
Sridhar